Saturday, June 26, 2010

Knitting

Yesterday was midsimmer. We decided to celebrate by going to our new favorite place, Haga. We talked about going to the actual celebration and watching the maypole dance but our legs couldn't take the 10 mile bike ride again. We packed up a picnic lunch and took our knitting supplies with us. My scarf is coming along, it has a lot of things that are wrong with it but it gives it character.

Here is Elizabeth's scarf, she recently started over due to her knitting being too tight. So far it is looking very good, no dropped stitches.

We also made friends with the sheep while we were there. They walked up to us after we had been there a while and ate some bread. Surprisingly they don't care for apples, they just held them in their mouth for a minute and then spit them out. We were slightly worried they would recognize that we were using wool to knit with and start wondering about our intentions, but I don't think they made the connection.



2 comments:

  1. This blog is great. You make Sweden look like some kind of Nirvana! I'm impressed with your knitting, I tried some recently and made two lines which then disintegrated entirely for no apparent reason. So I gave up at once.

    ReplyDelete