Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Kicksled

The day that we I went Icefishing we also rented two sparks ( or kicksleds ). The name Spark comes from the word "sparka" meaning kick. We took a trip around roughly 1/2 of the lake, it is a big lake, and then returned to the starting point. While taking a breather I was approached by two locals who were intrigued with the spark, one said he had ridden one before having a dog pull him and the other guy asked if he try it out. He took off his skates and went a few hundred yards up the lake and returned with a girl in the seat, we assume they knew one another. It is a fun thing to ride, I would however recommend some spiked shoes to make gripping the ice a bit easier.
Photo credit to Goran.

No comments:

Post a Comment