
We have not had much snow lately, after December the couple of inches we
received in
January seemed like nothing. That changed yesterday. About 7 or 8 inches fell, I am guessing because it has been very windy and the drifting makes it difficult to actually measure. The city had not had
adequate time to scrap and shovel this morning so instead of using the sidewalks, everyone was walking in the road. In the US, I would be terrified to share a
snowy road with vehicles, but people here seem to be a little more used to driving in these conditions. Elizabeth and I were marveling at how this much snow doesn't really hinder peoples daily activities when it would cripple us, but I'll bet if there were a couple of days of 100 degree ( 38 C ) weather here it would probably cripple them, when to us it would just be uncomfortable. It is all relative.

We did see our first casualty of the snow this morning. Actually we have no idea what happened to this bus, but a tow truck was
preparing to take it away. Poor commuters.
No comments:
Post a Comment