
On Wednesday night there is no admission fee to the
Uppsala Art Museum. The Art Museum is located in the
Uppsala Castle, which I have mentioned before. Since we have been wanting to see inside of the castle, we like free things, and we like art things; we decided to go the museum last night. I was not allowed to take photos inside of the place, so I had to sneak, unfortunately I could not get photos of two things I would like to have shared: the history of
Ekeby Bruk and a series of
religious paintings that had aged to a
spectacular state of decay. Otherwise these are some of our favorites from last night. I do not have titles or artist names, sorry.

This painting slightly disturbed the both of us. There were three in the series, all of children will manly, bearded faces.

This was one of my favorites, I reminds me a bit of
Rauschenberg.

Elizabeth liked this one. This is needle point, quite impressive.

And here is a fun painting. Portly, drunk, Europeans dancing. How can you not like it?

As for the interior of the castle: I was not impressed with what I saw, but I did only get to see a small portion of the place. I expected something a little more ornate, however it felt like a school house from the 50's to me. There was one wall from the original construction that was exposed that was very nice. It was damaged, but it let you have an idea of how the place would have looked.
The portrait of the woman is our swedish most
ReplyDeletefamous authoress Selma Lagerlöf 1858-1940. She got the Nobel-Prize 1909.
The other picture is of a Belgium-Flemish painter Pieter Bruegel the younger 1564-1638.
The picture "The indoor wedding dance" painted 1622.
/Ingrid